President Lott was very kind (as he always is.) He told me that the Glitch in my paperwork was fixed so that we could send it in to the stake so that the president could look at it and then send it in to the First Presidency.
That thought sends the good goosebumps down my arms... that someone in the Twelve actually pulls up my papers, looks at my face and thinks, "Sister Faith Peters, Where does the Lord want you to go?" And then he listens to the spirit and writes up my paperwork and hands it over to the Prophet to sign his approval. It's so amazing!
President Lott asked me if I had any questions and He answered them and didn't belittle me... That was such a nice feeling... Not to feel stupid when I asked maybe a not so important question. For example, My skin was my only abnormality on my doctor's papers... and I asked if it was going to be a problem. He didn't laugh or scoff... He just explained that my skin is fine and that most missionaries just need to worry if they have medication that needs to be sent to them. Which I don't have... so I am good.
I then met with President Tateoka. It was kind of Nerve wracking as He looked over all of my Doctor's paperwork... It seemed like he took forever to look over all of it. He smiled and said "it looks like you have everything in order... and your healthy as a horse... We both chuckled... He asked me Why I wanted to serve a mission, and where I wanted to go. Then he asked me if I was Ok with working, walking and going up to complete strangers. If I had a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Bible. It was a nice heart to heart talk with him. I think my favorite question was "Are you serious with anyone?" Ha... ha... ha... I answered honestly, "I really liked Adam before he left... but that isn't going to be a problem... :) "
He looked at me and he said, "I've known your family for a long time... and I knew your Mom. And I know that she would be proud of you." I started tearing up, and said thanks.
The Feeling after both of my interviews was incredible. I felt like it was Official. I AM GOING ON A MISSION!!! kind of feeling. It's a nice feeling.... I felt at peace. I even walked out of the Office and the sun was shining... but just for a little bit.
I am so grateful that I have the Gospel of Christ in my life. That I am able to have the spirit in my life. I love the Book of Mormon and the many voices of the past that teach of Christ. I am grateful to those prophets and those faithful who kept the records throughout time, those who watched over them, kept them from those who would have destroyed the messages, and kept the world from progressing. I'm grateful for men like William Tyndale, who spent a life time translating the bible from hebrew, and made the books therein accessible to the public, when those in power forbade it. He was betrayed by a friend and then was strangled and burned at the stake, because He knew that what he was doing was right. I love the simpleness of the gospel. That we don't have to jump through circus hoops in order to obtain blessing from our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for my friends, my sisters and parents for all the love and support that they have shown me.
It's just a great time to be alive.
Wow. It really is official, huh? Momma IS proud of you. And I am too. You rock!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Faith! You're amazing! I'm super excited for you--I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. :) Thanks for posting!
ReplyDelete