I am really excited for My new job at Redfish Lake Lodge. I leave for Stanley on May 11, and start work on the 12th. I cannot wait to be there and start working. I feel Like I am beating a dead horse but I am so excited!!! I can't wait to spend time up in the mountains and spend lots of time meeting new people and having new roommates!!! I sent in my contract today, along with all my doctor paperwork for my Mission. It feels great to have it all done. But now I am just waiting for time to pass so that I can actually do it. It seems like I am doing a lot.
I had a great weekend. I got to hang out with my Sister who lives in Washington, and my Awesome nieces. My brother in law and my niece Addison was in a Bike race called the Barking Spider. The both placed first in their groups! I am really proud of my niece cause she was the only girl brave enough to race. She didn't beat the Boys but I bet if she keeps working on it she could be really great one day!!!
My sister Jill, Christina and I where riding home to get everything ready for our picnic on the greenbelt. And then we heard a weird sound.... Her tire had a broken stem and it had gone flat. We pulled over and got into the trunk for the spare. Christina and Jill jacked up the car and I loosened the lug nuts. It was pretty funny. Two women pulled over and must have thought that we where City gals who didn't know anything, cause they started telling us what to do and we where pretty much done with getting the tire off. I finally said, "I am sure glad that we had to change a tire for 4H. Otherwise we might not have known how to change this tire." And then the Ladies where like "Oh!" and they just Left.... they where kinda rude, but at least they where not being bossy anymore. And then a Dodge pickup pulled up behind us and we all kinda groaned underneath our breath. A nice Man came up to us and asked us how we where doing. We looked up from our tire and saw the Les Swab tire store logo and we said that we where doing just fine. He asked us if he could finish for us and We let him.He was very impressed with us farm girls and was very kind as he put the spare on and tightened the Lug nuts. He told us our spare was flat and called his buddy to come air up the spare and escort us to the tire store so that we could get our tire fixed. They where really nice.
We finally made it back to the house and we grabbed the Meat and went to meet our brother's family. We played hard with the Frisbees and on the playground. we had a great birthday cake for my sister and we had lovely walk on the green belt. the Kids even saw a beaver... I was tying my shoe or something.
We went home and then watched a movie! the Girls watched the princess and the frog in one room and We adults watched Howl's Moving Castle. It was very weird and very entertaining at the same time. My favorite character was Calcifer... he is a fire demon that is controlled by Howl. He seems very grouchy but he is a pretty nice guy. I wouldn't mind watching that movie again. It was a riot to laugh with my family! I am glad that we get along so well.
That sounds great Faith! :) Waiting goes by much faster when you're busy. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad you knew how to change a tire...hehe. :D I think I'd be in trouble if it came to that. Hopefully I'd have someone with me who knew how. :D Well anyway, thanks for posting. It was great to read. :)
ReplyDelete