Friday, April 2, 2010

Last night I was feeling so depressed. I felt like the world was on my shoulders and that I was drowning in impossibilities. I had received my first bill/receipt in the mail and I still owe $900 dollars to the oral surgeon and Mom and Dad. I knew what I still owed, but for some darn reason it hit me in the gut that I am in way over my head. I felt Panicky and I started to feel really emotional. Then I started thinking about the other part of filling my tooth... I still have to do that and still pay for gas to drive, and other stuff like that. 

And then Katie called to tell her kids that Jake was going to come pick them up. I asked her how she was feeling. She and I started crying and couldn't even talk. She said that she was doing ok and that she felt like she was going to be Ok. I had recently given her a book to read calledPoison Study. The heroine is constantly finding herself in impossible odds and is constantly fighting old, and new wounds. Katie told me she felt like she could relate to this character and like Yelena, we can overcome our battles, heal, and survive. 
I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants last night and one scripture also hit me like a ton of bricks. Even though we have our struggles and go through all of the trials of this life, We are not alone and the Lord knows all that we are going through. He will remember us and make us his. Which is why we are going through the struggles in the first place... We have to know the bitter in order to know the sweet. And like a block of marble and the great master that worked it, God knows us with our Faults, our Strengths, and he knows how much pressure he can put on us without us breaking. He is shaping us into the people that he wants us to become...  So with that little thought in mind, I Know that my Redeemer lives! He Lives and He is watching over all of us and we can become the masterpiece if we follow his counsel and continue to grow and learn. I know he is watching over me and will help me in my quest to become the daughter He knows is underneath the trouble and work. I am looking forward to that day when I can see the finished masterpiece.  I just have to remember to stay strong. I am strong. I am Strong!

P.s. I recommend this book.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Faith. :) That looks like a good book. :) I'm sorry you were sad, but I'm glad you got better. The scriptures really are amazing, as is this gospel. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete