Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thoughts, Impressions and Plain Excitement

I have been reading Jesus the Christ by Talmage and I have had an interesting time reading it. It's really inspired.

I was reading about how Christ was tempted by Satan the three times in the wilderness. The fist temptation If you are the Son of god... turn the the stones to bread and feed yourself... I never realized that Satan was really tempting him to use his god given powers for himself.

The second temptation was to throw himself off the temple pinnacle or battlements. IF he was the Son of God His father would save him. Could you imagine? The temple was always surrounded by people and he would show that he was invincible... he would have become quite the object of discussion, but it was blasphemous... Only Heavenly Father decides when and where his powers shall be used and Christ knew better.

The third was to bow down and to worship Satan to gain personal wealth... as the Devil promised to give Christ the Kingdoms that Christ could see from atop the high mountain. This is mind boggling cause Christ helped the father organize and create the worlds. The amazing part is that Christ had the veil over his eyes... just like the rest of us... but maybe he had some knowledge of the preexistence. It just amazes me that he was able to thwart the plans of the devil.

I know that this is pretty old news... but I finally got what the devil was trying to tempt the Christ with. It's amazing that you think you know the story and then something jumps out at you after the 60th time. Lol.

Well, I guess I will update on my life too. I just found out that I can send my papers in 120 days from my birthday... Which means that I can send them in on the 23 of June....Yay!!! I am so excited to be able to have them sent in so that I can finally find out where I am going...

I am taking temple prep and my heart pounds with excitement that I may be going to the temple soon!!! There are almost no words to describe the joy. It's like my heart wants to explode out of my chest. I am just very thankful that we have a temple here in the valley and that I can see the blessings in my life because of it. I really can't wait to go.

My address at Redfish is

Faith Peters
C/O Redfish employees
P.O. Box 307
Stanley, ID 83278

Just in case I forget... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment