Got my four of my shots done. yuck... I felt so Sick... I had to not work on wednesday cause I felt like I was going to pass out. Never a good feeling.... But I came prepared. I went in with a sprite bottle full of water and a bag of chips and some pudding... I ate the chips before hand and drank a lot of my water. Then they got me in the room... they had me fill out some paperwork and where pretty good about hiding the shots from me... and then came the moment of truth... they had me sit in the chair and they rubbed the alcohol on my arms and then I freaked. I was so not ready. I asked if I could plug in my headphones and listen to my tape recorder. I pushed play and tried to focus on what Adam was saying on the Tape instead of the Four Stabs to the Arms... Yeah that worked for the first three... the last one stunk... It hurt so bad... then I was really shaky and I lay down for a while... The nurses where really nice and took care of me, but I am really not looking forward to a repeat experience. I tried to take deep breaths, and just listened to Adam talk to me. I was so grateful that I thought to bring it. But when I paid for the shots... I was thinking "man, this really stinks... First you stab me and then you take my money? That's so not cool..."
Felt pretty good until we got home. I was starving and walked to the chow hall and then a coworker drove me to my room.. where I proceeded to crash. I slept until 11:00 and chilled till about 2. then I got ready to work and walked down to the kitchen... I had a couple hours but by the time I was about to go on clock I felt so ILL!!! I almost passed out in front of my Boss and his Wife... that was embarrassing. But at least I had someone who could work my shift so that I could go home and go back to bed. That was so nice. My plan for next time: Take a few days off... don't worry about working the next day and just sleep a lot.
Ewww. I'm sorry. I don't like shots either... or getting my blood drawn, but I guess I better get used to it since I will be having it done more often. I sent you a letter that explains all, hope you get it on Friday so you know what I'm talking about. Love ya, and hope that you feel better soon!
ReplyDelete