Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just Right

So I went to the burley distribution center with my sister in law to see if we would find anything that we liked there. It was interesting, just cause it was my first time actually going there for myself. They don't have a very big selection so we looked through the 15 dresses that where there and picked out a couple to try on... 
The first one picked was beautiful. I tried it on and it was tight... I must have football shoulders or something... cause I couldn't even hug myself... It was too long but very uncomfortable to move my arms. So I asked for a bigger size in the petite... Again... shoulders not very comfortable... and this time the skirt was too short. No happy middle ground.
So I tried on this other dress for kicks and Giggles... It was called sunflower and had lots of different tiers to it. Kinda like a layered cake... It was fine. Except I would never be able to take myself seriously. I felt like a cake... if cakes had feelings...
Then I tried on the one my sister in law had tried on at first. She said she didn't like it, so I felt free to try it on without hurting her feelings. 

I slipped it over my head, and zipped it up... the feeling was amazing... Like Falling in love at first sight should feel like... I just knew that this dress was made for me. I walked out to show Brittney and she stared at me... "That dress looks amazing on you."
the more I walked around in it the more I grew attached to it... the sleeves fit comfortably, it was a little long but nothing that couldn't be hemmed... I just knew that it was the dress. I wish that I had a picture... I just felt like a princess in it. Plus it made me even more excited to that day when I can go to the temple... 

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I know how that feels. I felt the same way with these new shirts I got. I mean, they needed fixing, but it was simple with just a bit of material... But other than being low cut, they were perfect! They made me feel like I looked cute. :D I wish I could see you in that dress! It sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete