I was thinking about Life and then the Lion king popped into my head... After Mufasa is killed Simba is exciled into what I shall call the wilderness of Life. He Met Timone and Pumba and they lived Quite happily until Nala showed up and reconnected with Simba and tried to get him to see what he Truly was. "A KING." Then that messed Simba's head up and he was in the "Confused and What Am I going to do Next?" Phase. I feel like Simba. I am in this similar phase. But then I came to the conculsion that I Need to Realize that It's ok to figure out what I am going to do for myself so I can get to where I truly belong. It's ok to focus on my life and what I want. I mean I only have so much time here on earth and then my learning here is all that I will have to go on in the Next phase.. whatever that may be. As the Famous Elton John says in his song in the Lion King,
"From the Day we arrived on the planet,
And blinking stepped into the sun.
There's more to be seen than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done.....
Some of us fall by the wayside
And some of us soar to the stars
And some of us sail through our troubles
And some have to live with the scars
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps the great and small on the endless round"
Forgive the Disney reference, But It's true. This life is about Learning and growing and just figuring out what We as individuals can do. Simba had to figure out that by wanting to be a King and deciding to act by helping his pride regain the balance that he would Find himself and continue to grow. ( I love Disney parallels. ) I love the fact that people can do that. They have figured out who they are and where they are headed and just keep learning, by serving. I know that I am a Child of God, and He has a Plan for me.(just like Mufasa had a plan for Simba) I know the basic/general/wish that Heavenly Father wants me to achieve. He wants his children to Learn of him and to trust him. I know that he wants me to find a person who enhances my weaknesses and values my strengths. But my question right now is What am I supposed to be doing right now? What does he want me to learn and develop right now, until that person comes along? I am on a quest to discover what Lainey wants in this phase of life. I guess I better put on my running shoes and set off, cause I am bound and determined to fight for the prize. Even if it means getting beaten a few times by Scar.
I love this! :) Disney references are not something to apologize for. I love Disney, the classical movies from when I was little were the best. :)
ReplyDelete